FC2T2 Upgrade & SELinux

Efthym efthym at gmx.net
Tue Mar 30 09:31:41 UTC 2004

Just finished the upgrade. Unfortunately the installation process didn't
do anything with SELinux (since it wasn't previously installed). I'm not
sure if this is how it should be since FC2T2 is supposed to test SELinux.
And by the way no problems from the CDs (downloaded with torrent) on an
IBM T21.

I installed it manually afterwards following directions from another post :

checkpolicy, policy, policy-sources, policycoreutils
reboot
(lots of denied msgs)
fixfiles relabel
reboot

dmesg shows :

Linux version 2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1 (bhcompile at tweety.devel.redhat.com) (gcc
version 3.3.3 20040216 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-2.1)) #1 Fri Mar 12 14:01:55
EST 2004
<snip>
Security Scaffold v1.0.0 initialized
SELinux:  Initializing.
SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode
There is already a security framework initialized, register_security
failed.
Failure registering capabilities with the kernel
selinux_register_security:  Registering secondary module capability
Capability LSM initialized
<snip>
Freeing unused kernel memory: 148k freed
security:  3 users, 5 roles, 1166 types
security:  30 classes, 261889 rules
SELinux:  Completing initialization.
SELinux:  Setting up existing superblocks.
SELinux: initialized (dev , type selinuxfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev hda2, type ext3), uses xattr
SELinux: initialized (dev ram0, type ext2), uses xattr
SELinux: initialized (dev , type hugetlbfs), not configured for labeling
SELinux: initialized (dev , type devpts), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev , type eventpollfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev , type pipefs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev , type tmpfs), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev , type futexfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev , type sockfs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev , type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev , type bdev), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev , type rootfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev , type sysfs), uses genfs_contexts

Shouldn't the system start in enforcing mode now ? Or do I have to set
SELINUX=enforcing in /etc/sysconfig/selinux first?
I guess its time to start reading up on SELinux ...