FC2T2 rhn-applet-gui

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 18:25:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 11:58:18AM -0500, Will Backman wrote:
> Any reason rhn-applet-gui is taking up so much memory?
> Sorting by memory usage in "top" places it between evolutiona and
> nautilus.

Is that by resident memory size or total size ? (I admit I always turn it
off anyway becsuse when its doing the flashing thing its

	a) annoying
	b) uses about 5% CPU

if you have several boxes running X sessions off one box you can suddenely
find every update causes you to lose 40% of your cpu to rhn-applet!)

If the resident size is low it may indicate that it mmaps files and uses
bits of them