SELinux issue

Parrish M Myers parrishmyers at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 11:54:34 UTC 2004

Help!

I have a habit of keeping a copy of Knoppix close by when installing
Linux on my laptop.  Primarily because the video card [ATI Radeon
Mobility U1] will normally cause linux to go bonkers and I have to hard
reboot].

Well, the installation went well enough, until the system tried to boot
for the first time.  It was OK though the first boot wizard and all,
but then the screen went black!  Assuming this was a video card issues
again, I booted in knoppix and changed the inittab file to boot to
runlevel 3.

Now! I can't boot at all.  SELinux claims there is an issue with the
file and the system can't find an init file.

How do I relabel, or whatever, this file so the system will accept the
file again?  I have even tried adding 'selinux=0' to the boot options
and this doesn't work either.  It seems my inittab file is just
tainted.  It's driving me crazy!  Can someone help?

Thanks.

=====
"Parrish Myers" <parrishmyers at yahoo.com>