Re: Metacity Themes?

That doesn't sound right. According to the Help available from the Themes control panel, the theme should be tarred and gzip'd when you install it. I did try tar -zxf on one and got a directory that the installer didn't know what to do with.

Hugh

    * /From/: Tommy Eliassen <pusle pusle com>
    * /To/: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
      <fedora-test-list redhat com>
    * /Subject/: Re: Metacity Themes?
    * /Date/: Sat, 01 May 2004 01:47:42 +0200

    Are themes broken in Test 3? I can use the pre-installed themes,
    but I can't seem to install any new ones; the list of themes
    doesn't get updated.

Hugh

I may be totally off here, but to get themes installed, I first downloaded the skin (ofcourse..), then I tar -xvzf'it, installed the .tar file and then installed the .theme file (from the theme dialog). It seemed to work for me, but I may have been drunk at the time since it was friday night, and I have saturday off.

-Tommy-

--
Hugh Caley | Unix Systems Administrator | CIS
AFFYMETRIX, INC. | 6550 Vallejo St. Ste 100 | Emeryville, CA 94608