Desktop switching tool problem

I just did a clean install of Test 3, all went well except in this version, I can't get the desktop switching tool from the main menu to work. It just goes off into the weeds and doesn't run. When I run /user/share/switchdesk/switchdesk-gui.py, it says there is a syntax problem in line 36. I ran /user/share/applications/switchdesk and, of course, it runs switchdesk-gui.py with the same error. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jeff Hilson