Re: FCT3 - Hangs when installing from CD

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 17:28, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 30 April 2004 08:49, John Pullan wrote:
> > Does anyone know why ? Given that it worked like a charm on test2 ?
> > Has the installer kernel been updated as well as the installed kernel
> > ?
>
> Yes, installer kernel is updated.  The installer kernel matches (version
> wise) the installed kernel.

So after a bit more experimenting, I ended up install the packages by
hand. What I discovered was that the installed UP kernel fails to boot,
but the SMP (hyperthreading P4 3Ghz) variant works.

I guess this might be a clue, but I'm not sure to what :-)

--
John Pullan <jmp tarantella com>