gnome vnc session from fc2t3 box has wrong icon set compared to local gnome login

Anyone want to try to confirm this problem for me? and tell me which
component is actually at
fault? My suspicion is its gconf.

1)local gnome desktop login is active on the t3 box, using the default
BlueCurve icon set.

2) .vnc/xstartup reads as:
#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

resulting vnc session is running the gnome desktop seems to be using
the GNOME icon set and not the BlueCurve set.

Now if i logout of the local t3 gnome session and then start the vnc
service, the vnc gnome desktop does have the BlueCurve set. Naively
this seems like a gconf issue. Am i right?
Is this worth filing?

-jef