Re: Gaim throwing tones of errors

Jerone Young wrote:
Using gaim 0.77-3 and when I check dmesg I see these:

gaim[2650] trap divide error rip:32bf742cb0
rsp:7fbfff8080 error:0
SNIP
gaim[3042] trap divide error rip:32bf742cb0
rsp:7fbfff7de0 error:0

Gaim seems to be working fine, but it is doing
something wrong.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please provide the following information.

Which architecture is this? I am guessing AMD64 based upon the register names.

Which kernel version?

Which protocols are you using in gaim?

Upstream gaim developers have just informed me that the yahoo protocol is totally broken on 64bit architectures. Are you using yahoo? Are you seeing any behavior like this?

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com