Install from FireWire CD Drive

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-SRX87 laptop that I have been running Linux on
quite happily for two years now. I was wondering if there was a way to
install Test 3 from the iLink drive that the system uses. I can pass the
kernel option of firewire and it will load the ohci driver, however I
can not get it to load the sbp2 module. I eventually got it installed by
using the iLink drive to boot the installer and then plugging in an
external USB DVD-RW drive and using the USB-MassStorage module. I did
some poking around the image during the install process and couldn't
locate an sbp2 module on the install media. Is this a known issue, can I
expect to be able to install FC3 final from my firewire CD drive?
-Jerry.