Re: Screen saver / tuxracer crashes

Scott A Phipps wrote:

In my experience using ATI cards for 3D under linux leads to loss of hair, and high blood pressure.

I've had the same card in the machine, and never had a problem with RH
8/9 or FC 1. I've played quake and other 3d games just fine, and never
had a problem at all until now.

So perhaps this problem is something new? That's possible... although, I did see the same old ATI crashing issues on an FC1 box that I set up a few months ago, in this case it was an ATI rage 128. To my disappointment, the box would suddenly crash without warning, when running certain 3D screensavers. After disabling DRI, I didn't see any more crashes, and the box has been stable since then. BTW I don't see such problems with e.g. nvidia cards, or even voodoo 3 cards, or onboard intel i8x0 video.

Just a data point for your consideration,

Joe