Re: Installation of FC T2: GRUB interactive on 1st installandGRUBhang on 2nd install

Try 'man grub'

And then run grub-install and select the root part and then re-install grub. My guess is that you selected to use the first sector of the boot partition instead of the MBR.

~kenny

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Hi,

Oh wow... that would imply that I would have to manually
scrub the hda drive and reinstall? I did previously had
RH9 on it and when I installed the FCT2, I did a new install on it... you would think that the FC should
have partitioned, reformatted, and installed a new
MBR ???

Is there a way to force a reinstall of the MBR using
grub in linux rescue to be sure so that I can save
2+ hours of reinstall?

Thanks,
Dan