Re: DVD, XP and a 2 GB limit

Why in the world would you force yourself to use XP? And, XP will not display a file larger than 2GB in Explorer. It's a known issue therefore FTP fails. Try using CIFS/SMB if you absolutely must use that inferior OS.

TGS wrote:
Might be OT, but I am attempting to go that DVD route. Only problem is that
I need to get the DVD image to XP in order to burn the DVD. I attempt to ftp
the image over, but it fails at 2GB. The drive on the XP side is NTFS, so I
thought that it could handle the size. I have tried many FTP tools on the XP
side to no avail. Should I be able to do this, or do I need to hook up the
DVD drive to my Linux box.