desktop switching tool still buggy

Rory Gleeson rgleeson at childwelfare.ca
Mon May 3 01:34:41 UTC 2004

In my case, this workaround doesn't do the trick with today's updates. I
can switch permanently to KDE and Xfce, but not permanetly to Gnome.
So, while I can now activate switchdesk for the first time after today's
updates, getting it to stick to a Gnome default continues to be
difficult.

As a temporary solution, would erasing this file knock me back to Gnome
or cause damage?

remove /root/.Xclients