Re: [Core2Test3] Hard disk installation

Stefan Lecho <stlecho yahoo com> wrote:

After booting from the first installation CD and
selecting harddisk as installation source, the
following message is generated: "The Fedora Core
installation tree in that directory does not seem to
match your boot media."

I've copied the downloaded iso images to a FAT32
partition and selected that as installation source.
How should the installation tree look like?

The partition should contain the .iso files, not copies of the contents of these files. The may be in a directory such as FC2-test3-binary-i386.
Sorry if my earlier post suggested otherwise.

I tried this with an ext2 partition where I had originally downloaded the images. The loader paused for about 7 seconds before continuing with the install.

Dave