Re: Installation of FC T2: GRUB interactive on1st installandGRUBhang on 2nd install

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
Hi,

I tried EVERYTHING from grub-install, to interactive grub
so something is very wrong and I am unable to understand
it.  The grub.conf file is correct, the MBR is written
on the same drive as the /boot (although / is on a different
drive, non-active parition) so I have no idea what the problem
is.  Heck, I have installed RH MANY times with no problems,
so why is FCT2 failing for me?

Any ideas???

Does it boot to this:

grub>

and then stop?

If so you can try this...

Type the following at the grub prompt:

root (hd0,0) <then hit enter>
setup (hd0) <then hit enter>

If you get no errors then you can reboot and see if it works.

--
csm moongroup com, head geek
http://moongroup.com