Re: nVidia RIVA TNT - any success story?ll

If you have an NVidia card you should use the drivers from NVidia. They are very good at providing linux drivers for their cards (unlike ATI). They have always worked great for me. Go to their website and download the drivers. If you need to, just use Vesa until you get the correct drivers. They will almost surely be better than the ones that ship with either XFree or the kernel.

Janusz J Sadowski wrote:
Hi,
I've got RIVA TNT and it worked well with XFree86 4.3.0. As of Fedora Core 2
Test 3 it stsrts nicely with KDE and works until I actually run somethig. It
locks my computer even if I want to run desktop config. I had exactly same
story under NetBSD with XFree86 4.4.0 where it locked my PC when I tried to
to do ls -lR / which was quite fast output. So I guess rhat the nv driver
for this card is broken and it's not kernel-2.6 related. But if you have any
solution (better driver) please post it.

Thanks.
Janusz.