Re: cdwriter

Ted wrote:
I have both Fedora and Debian on my drive...Debian will burn cd's ok and cdrecord -scanbus tells me the burner is 0,0,0 whereas Fedora tells me 1,0,0
and in Fedora I get an error message...
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27

I notice I do not call for ide=scsi in the grub boot in fedora yet I do in the
working Debian on the older kernel....

The 2.6 kernel uses the ide-cd driver instead. Sometimes the CDROM needs this added to the grub.conf file.

I have checked in /dev and the link is ok to hcd so anyone tell me
where I am going wrong ??

/dev/cdrom or /dev/cdwriter? (pointing to /dev/hdc)

I'm on an FC1 nstallation right now. ls -la /dev/cd* gives me the below output. FC2 of course should be different.

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     9 Jan  2 17:07 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd0
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     8 May  3 06:52 /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/sg0

Have you tried to burn using the nautilus CD burner feature? (right click on ISO file. Choose write to CD.)

Jim