Problems with installation on PackardBell EasyNote M3 (AMD64 3000+, 512MB, LCD 15, 4" 1280 x 800 pixels, ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 Pro)

Hi! I’ve seen problems in mailing list with eMachines. I see that CPU, GPU Vendor and Screen types are the same !!!

I’ve got problems during:

  • Graphical installation
    • X starts but output is sent to the second output
  • After text installation
    • X starts but output is sent to the second output
    • Must use VESA driver and not ATI one

How can I configure X ? Can I use a resolution of 1280 x 800 with this notebook ?

Is there any hint for graphical configuration ? Can I follow explanations for eMachines ?

Thanks in advance, Alessandro Torrisi.