Installation of FCT2: GRUB interactive on 1st install andGRUBhangs on 2nd install

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue May 4 04:32:41 UTC 2004

Hi,

I did exactly what you said, to:
1) Win98 fdisk /MBR
2) grub-install /dev/hda

rebooting resulted:

Missing operating system

It appears that I am not performing Grub-install correctly
or that it is broke?

I went back to rescue, and interactive grub:
root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)

Same result:

Missing operating system

What is going on?  Is grub able to create the proper MBR???

Ok... I have scratched everything again, and installed for
the 4th time, from the beginning and tried the whole
installation again....

Guess what...  a reboot after installation resulted:

Missing operating system

I tried the grub-install /dev/hda.  Same problem.
I tried interactive grub:
root (hd0,2) <--- note: the partitioning changed to /dev/hda3
setup (hd0)

GRUB IS NOT INSTALLING THE MBR!!!!!  GRUB IS BROKEN!!!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH GRUB!!!!

Best regards,
Dan