Re: Status of FireWire/IEEE1394/SBP2 in FC2?

On Tue, 04 May 2004 16:35:59 +0100
"D. D. Brierton" <darren dzr-web com> wrote:

> So am I to assume that *no one* on this list knows whether FireWire is
> enabled or disabled by default in FC2t3?

Hi Darren,

Firewire is disabled in FC2t3 en rawhide kernels.

There seem to be problems with firewire stability in Linux 2.6 kernels.
Don't know if these problems are already solved in the firewire and/or
kernel development trees.

I really would like to see working firewire in the final FC2.
(or as soon as possible in a upgrade kernel): I need firewire
for my backups and it not being available would prevent me from
switching to FC2 (which I really like otherwise).

	greetings,
	Rob van Nieuwkerk