Re: Desktop switching tool problem

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 08:28, jeff wrote:

I just did a clean install of Test 3, all went well except in this version, I can't get the desktop switching tool from the main menu to work. It just goes off into the weeds and doesn't run. When I run /user/share/switchdesk/switchdesk-gui.py, it says there is a syntax problem in line 36. I ran /user/share/applications/switchdesk and, of course, it runs switchdesk-gui.py with the same error. Any ideas?

	Advance forewarning of impending catastrophe. We'll probably be
removing switchdesk in FC3:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2004-May/msg00010.html

Cheers,
Mark.

Reading the referenced message, it appears that even though switchdesk is removed, one will still be able to select which gui to use at login. Is this understanding correct?

Gerry Tool