HP Scanner Difficulties

Jason Knight tuxpenguin at austin.rr.com
Wed May 5 01:49:36 UTC 2004

    I am trying to get my multifunction HP psc 1210 to scan properly.
Kudzu autodetected it, I have hpoj and hpijs installed and updated to
most recent, yet sane is giving me a headache. I have tried the
solutions listed above for the epson printer (change permission of
/proc/bus/usb/003/002 and to mess around with /etc/sane.d/hp.conf) yet
scanimage -L says no scanner found. /etc/sane.d is setup properly with
hpoj uncommented at the end and sane-find-scanner gives:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2f11 [psc
1200 series]) at libusb:003:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

Jason Knight
Fedora Core 2 Test 3 *x86_64*