HP Scanner Difficulties

I am trying to get my multifunction HP psc 1210 to scan properly. Kudzu autodetected it, I have hpoj and hpijs installed and updated to most recent, yet sane is giving me a headache. I have tried the solutions listed above for the epson printer (change permission of /proc/bus/usb/003/002 and to mess around with /etc/sane.d/hp.conf) yet scanimage -L says no scanner found. /etc/sane.d is setup properly with hpoj uncommented at the end and sane-find-scanner gives:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2f11 [psc 1200 series]) at libusb:003:004
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

Jason Knight
Fedora Core 2 Test 3 *x86_64*