Re: HP Scanner Difficulties

Jason Knight wrote:
I am trying to get my multifunction HP psc 1210 to scan properly. Kudzu autodetected it, I have hpoj and hpijs installed and updated to most recent, yet sane is giving me a headache. I have tried the solutions listed above for the epson printer (change permission of /proc/bus/usb/003/002 and to mess around with /etc/sane.d/hp.conf) yet scanimage -L says no scanner found. /etc/sane.d is setup properly with hpoj uncommented at the end and sane-find-scanner gives:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2f11 [psc 1200 series]) at libusb:003:004
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

One thing I notice is that your scanner should be using the file /proc/bus/usb/003/004, so change the permission of that file:

chmod a+w /proc/bus/usb/003/004

Have you updated to sane-backends-1.0.13-6 from ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/tmp/sane-backends/ ?

After that package is updated, you will find a file /etc/usb/libsane.usermap which will contain the correct information for you to update the /etc/sane.d/hp.conf properly. The entry in that file should be of the form

usb 0x____ 0x____.

If you don't understand some of this, ask again.

Gerry Tool