Gnome Keyring not working?

Joshua Adam Ginsberg joshg at brainstorminternet.net
Wed May 5 03:04:29 UTC 2004

Hello --

I've been trying to experiment with the improved VFS of Gnome and
Nautilus in FC2T3, but I can't seem to get the Gnome Keyring to do,
well, anything. I open an SFTP resource through Nautilus and it asks me
for the password and how/if I want to save that password. When I close
that window and reaccess it, I'm prompted once more to provide the
username and password and how/if I want to save it. If I open a document
from that SFTP resource by double-clicking, I am prompted not once, but
twice, for the password. And again, no clicking of the checkboxes seems
to make a difference. I can see that the gnome-keyring-daemon is running
in the background, but I'm skeptical it's doing anything. Any further
ways I can troubleshoot this? Thanks!

-jag

--
Joshua Adam Ginsberg <joshg at brainstorminternet.net>