Re: HP Scanner Difficulties

Tim Waugh wrote:

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 08:49:36PM -0500, Jason Knight wrote:

I am trying to get my multifunction HP psc 1210 to scan properly. Kudzu autodetected it, I have hpoj and hpijs installed and updated to most recent, yet sane is giving me a headache. I have tried the solutions listed above for the epson printer (change permission of /proc/bus/usb/003/002 and to mess around with /etc/sane.d/hp.conf) yet scanimage -L says no scanner found. /etc/sane.d is setup properly with hpoj uncommented at the end and sane-find-scanner gives:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2f11 [psc 1200 series]) at libusb:003:004
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

For PSC devices you should install libsane-hpoj -- my multifunction scanner is working very well here and has been since FC1.

Tim.
*/

Does anyone know if there are any working drivers for the HP4200C
out yet?

Jim Tate