Re: Touch pad on Dell i8100 no longer tap pad for mouse click

Olu Akins wrote:

Nope.  This is even in bugzilla.  We're missing a package named
`synaptics', that apparently isn't going to make it to FC2 :-(

Is this true? I would consider this a MAJOR bug that will be a showstopper for my users, virtually all of whom use Dell Latitude laptops with synaptics touchpads. I can and will work around it by geting the synaptics packages manually integrated.

RedHat people, can you verify that Synaptics touchpad support will be broken in FC2? It works fine in FC1, so if true, this represent a major step backwards in FC2. Very few people will enjoy seeing a disto's hardware support get worse over time.

--
Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator