Re: New Kernel Slow Boot

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 11:22 +0300, Essam Mohsin wrote:
> ... it boots with the new kernel but the screen shows very little
> details " only that the kernel image decompressed then it will pause
> for 10 seconds or more then the GUI screen comes I never noticed such
> thing with previous versions of Linux Kernel 2.4.xx --->
> 2.6.5-1.327

Along with the suggestion of removing the kernel parameter 'quiet' you
may have 'rhgb' appended to the parameters.. which will display the
graphical boot program prior to displaying the login (gdm) screen.

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora andrewfarris com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net