Re: HP Scanner Difficulties

Jason Knight wrote:
After that package is updated, you will find a file /etc/usb/libsane.usermap which will contain the correct information for you to update the /etc/sane.d/hp.conf properly. The entry in that file should be of the form

usb 0x____ 0x____.

Did you mean /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap? My scanner isn't in there, it is supported by the hpoj backend. Is there another file for this backend?

Yes, I apologize for misleading you.

Tim Waugh Wrote:

For PSC devices you should install libsane-hpoj -- my multifunction
scanner is working very well here and has been since FC1.

[root localhost root]# rpm -q libsane-hpoj
libsane-hpoj-0.91-6

Is there some kind of config file I need to run first though?

I guess Tim will have to answer that question as I have no experience with the multifunction devices.

Gerry