Re: Desktop switching tool problem

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 22:15, Gerry Tool wrote:

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

	Advance forewarning of impending catastrophe. We'll probably be
removing switchdesk in FC3:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2004-May/msg00010.html

Cheers,
Mark.

Reading the referenced message, it appears that even though switchdesk is removed, one will still be able to select which gui to use at login. Is this understanding correct?

	Yeah, basically GDM has code to allow you do it, but it disables that
code if it sees that switchdesk is installed. You can switch that
behaviour on even if switchdesk is installed by doing

ShowLastSession=true

in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

I made that change on my system and like the result much better than using switchdesk, anyway. That's the way RHL used to work and I preferred it that way.

Thanks.

Gerry Tool