Re: VMware error with kernel-2.6.5-1.326

Hello,

This is regarding this old post(I know IM SORRY!).

I have followed all the instructions given in all these correspondences here, and am still having a problem installing vmware 4.05-6030.
I untared the vmware-any-any-update59 into the VMWARE dircetory in my /home/sponger directory. Then I cd'ed into that update directory and ran ./runme.pl and it asks me for the directory of my C header files, and per the directions in one of the emails this is what I gave it:
/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.332/build/kernel/
and this is the msg it gives me:
"The kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have the same
address space size as your running kernel."

So then being a noob I tried all the other directories in /lib/modules of the other kernels installed on my system, but then it complains thats not the right kernel and wants the .332 version....but it gives me that error.....

Any ideas?

TIA
Dave