ati9600 & wide-screen notebooks

Hi,

I have a problem installing FC2Test3 (to be honest I have the identical
problem with Test2...). My hardware consists of a ASUS M6700N Notebook
(
http://www.asus.com/products/notebook/m6series/m6000n/m6000n_overview.htm
)
The install (text mode) runs fine (standard WS setup) until I reboot for
the first time: The graphics is shown in 640x480 resolution and no
matter what I choose the result is a black screen without any reaction
(no other console available, no ssh login possible). And even more
anoying: there is no way (at least I didn't found one...) to boot in
normal text mode.
The same Notebook runs fine under Suse9.1.
Concerning the Graphic-Setup: Would it be a big deal to include LCDs and
Resolutions for Wide Screen? E.g. 1280x800 or 1680x1050?? What am users
suppose to choose if they have 1280x800 LCD panel?

Best regards,
 Peter