Re: HP Scanner Difficulties

Tim Waugh wrote:

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:42:51PM -0500, Jason Knight wrote:

For PSC devices you should install libsane-hpoj -- my multifunction
scanner is working very well here and has been since FC1.

[root localhost root]# rpm -q libsane-hpoj
libsane-hpoj-0.91-6

Is there some kind of config file I need to run first though? As I am not running any hpoj files or binaries, (except the one started by Kudzu). The scanner was auto found by kudzu as below snip from /etc/sysconfig/hwconf shows:

There's no automatic detection for hpoj devices yet I'm afraid. You need to run 'service hpoj setup' as root first. Access permissions are handled completely differently to normal USB devices.

When setting the printer up make sure to use PTAL rather than USB.

Tim.
*/

I have a HP4200C and finally I understand that is supposed to work with new
sane-backends.
If i run scanimage -L , I get a vendor=0x4b8, product=0x0602, chip-GT-6816?) at libusb:003:004.
What do I need to do to get it to install properly?

Jim Tate