gnomemeeting with Fedora core 2 test 3

I am testing gnomemeeting 1.0.2 with Fedora core 2 test 3

I have found that the application aborts with an segfault and assertion
error if I select ALSA sound.

If I select OSS sound , it works , but the microphone input volume is too
low even when the microphone volume is to set to maximum

ON Fedora Core 1 with alsa installed , gnomemeeting works with alsa and has
good mic volume and the application does not crash