Re: cyrus-imap

On 5/6/2004 4:01 PM, seth doty wrote:

After upgrading from FC1 to FC2 test 3 i realized that FC2 uses cyrus-imap
and not the standard IMAP package that FC1 used and that it doesn't use PAM
by default because I can no longer login through IMAP.  The server is
running fine because I can telnet to it but when atempting to login I get a
authentication error.  I have looked around at cyrus documentation of the
cyrus site and redhat's site but the admin tools (mkimap, cm.user, etc) do
not work.  I even tried changing the .conf file to pam authentication by
changing the method to sasl_passwd_check: pam and I tried shadow.  any help
getting users back in any way would be appreciated, thanks

Yes, documentation is scarce. The admin user on Fedora Cyrus is cyrus. Set a password for it (passwd cyrus) and use cyradm (man cyradm) to add users. Cyrus on FC2 is compiled to use shadow passwords for authentication, so users must exist on the system before a mailbox is created with cyradm.

Cheers,

-- David