Fedora2-test3: Problem with Display configuration with non DPMS monitors

Hi,

When I install Fedora2-test3 or when I try and configure the display on
my system I cannot modify the display resolution beyond "800x600".
The monitor is an older Non DPMS one. I have tried setting the monitor
to "Generic 1280x1024" the X always comes up in "800x600".

There seems to be some problem in the Display configuration program.
The monitor section in /etc/X11/Xorg.conf file is set wrong:

Section "Monitor"

 ### Uncomment if you don't want to default to DDC:
 ### Uncomment if you don't want to default to DDC:
#       HorizSync    31.5 - 79.0
#       VertRefresh  50.0 - 90.0
 ### Uncomment if you don't want to default to DDC:
#       HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
#       VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
 ### Uncomment if you don't want to default to DDC:
#       HorizSync    31.5 - 79.0
#       VertRefresh  50.0 - 90.0
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Monitor 1280x1024"
 ### Uncomment if you don't want to default to DDC:
#        HorizSync    31.5 - 79.0
#        VertRefresh  50.0 - 90.0
       Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Uncommenting the latter two HorizSync and VertRefresh lines and commenting
out DPMS fixes the problem.

Terry

--
Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd