Re: unable to disable selinux

Rich Ibbotson wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I haven't been able to find the answer in the archives.

I've just upgraded from RH8.0 to FC2 test3 and I'm trying to disable selinux until I get other problems sorted out. I've tried passing selinux=0 on the kernel line in grub, and I've also tried creating a file /etc/sysconfig/selinux with the contents SELINUX=disabled.

Either way, whenever I issue a command like:
rpm -V x11-org

I see the error message:
/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory

so I think selinux is enabled. /usr/bin/selinuxenabled exits with a return value of 1.

What do I need to do to really disable selinux? I'm running kernel 2.6.5-1.327.

thanks,
Rich

try updating to the latest kernel (2.6.5-1.351 I believe.)

Gerry