Re: cyrus-imap

David Collantes wrote:
On 5/7/2004 10:44 AM, Will Backman wrote:

From http://dovecot.org/
"Shared mailboxes aren't yet supported."
"mbox support isn't yet perfect. For personal use it seems to work quite
well, but there are a few known problems such as sometimes losing mails
in Drafts-mailbox"

I'm scared.

Cyrus is better. Shared mailboxes, quota, robust. I am going to play with it a bit more to see if I can get it to work without the need of having the user on the shadow file (imap user not a unix user).

You should be able to do this. I backend Cyrus IMAPd user accounts to an LDAP server using saslauthd, because it makes the management of the accounts easier for me. Before I started using an LDAP backend, I just put the user accounts in the sasldb2 file.