Re: Using DVB interfaces on Fedora 2 test3

A follow up on this.

I have created the /dev/dvb entries using MAKEDEV-DVB.sh from the
linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 sources.

I also now note that there is no /usr/include/linux/dvb/*.h files
although they exist in the Linux source tree.

Terry

Terry Barnaby wrote:
Hi,

I have installed the latest Fedora 2 test3 system, which seems to be
working Ok.
I am trying to set up the the system to use a DVB-T tuner card.
I notice that the kernel (2.6.5-1.327) has the DVB drivers built as
modules Ok.

My questions:
1. There do not seem to be any /dev/dvb device entries ? Is this
    a Fedora 2 bug, or do I need to create them.
2. Do I need to put any entries in /etc/modprobe.conf

Cheers

Terry

-- Dr Terry Barnaby BEAM Ltd Phone: +44 1454 324512 Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd Fax: +44 1454 313172 Yate, Bristol, BS37 5NH, UK Email: terry beam ltd uk Web: www.beam.ltd.uk BEAM for: Visually Impaired X-Terminals, Parallel Processing, Software "Tandems are twice the fun !"