resolution low

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Fri May 7 17:37:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 12:42, Mark Gordon wrote:
> Hi guys, I have an old computer (266) with a Cirrus Logic GD5480
> controller video card. I install Fedora Core 2 Test3 and everything run
> smooth but the video resolution. I’m stock on 640x480. I change in the
> XF86Config to 1024x768 but nothing change. Please help.
>   Thanks
>   Capsuna

I saw your postings on the Fedora User's list but did not see anything
about forcing the sync rates, other than from Alan Cox below.  These are
probably not correct for your monitor:

(II) CIRRUS(0): Monitor0: Using default hsync range of 28.00-33.00 kHz
(II) CIRRUS(0): Monitor0: Using default vrefresh range of 43.00-72.00 Hz

Try these in your xorg.conf file:

       HorizSync    30.0 - 85.0
       VertRefresh  48.0 - 120.0

Found googling for a P780 model, to be on the safe side check your
monitor manual, incorrect values could cause monitor damage.

Bob...