Re: FC2 release schedule

Elliot Lee wrote:
On Fri, 7 May 2004, Mark Fonnemann wrote:

is the absolute devel freeze still today?
i.e. is http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/ current?

Yes on both counts!

-- Elliot
I keep committing atrocities in an attempt to learn from my mistakes.

There may be reasons why this is not a good idea that are beyond my understanding...many things are...but I wonder if it might not be a reasonable idea to start the bittorrent sometime after the ISOs are released to the mirrors but before the official announcement. The idea is, of course, to encourage all us eager beavers out here to use the torrent whenever possible and thereby reduce the load on the mirrors when the ISOs hit.

I suppose there are fairness issues here in that some people cannot, for whatever reason, use bittorrent, but if some sizable percentage of people who might otherwise not do so but will when offered sufficient incentive, those forced to wait will at least benefit from the lower mirror load when they do open...and those who do use the torrent will have the advantage of the possibly increased number of participants. To this simple mind, it seems like a win-win situation if such a thing were possible.

Of course, this presumes the the folks at Duke can get the ISOs with enough time before the official announcement to make the effort worthwhile.

KAS