getting ACPI suspend to work (on Dell Inspiron)

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri May 7 23:44:16 UTC 2004

I have found one reason why acpi might not work.  I have a smp
kernel, and it produces an error message when loading:
"S3 and PAE do not like each other".
I looked up PAE and it seems to be something for handling huge
amounts of memory.  Given that I have only 1 GB, I might not need
it.  Does anyone know how to turn it off?  I think there is
something to add to the "kernel ..." line in grub.conf, but I
can't find out what the options are for that.

Jon
Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron