Re: Volume control applet doesn't change when muted?

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 11:12, Vibol Hou wrote:
> Curious, but is the volume control applet in gnome supposed to get
> crossed out if it's muted?  Right now, the icon is no different whether
> it's muted or unmuted.  The small waves don't even go away to show that
> the speaker is off/muted.

The icon shows the state of only the master volume.  Do you describe the
master volume being muted, or one of the channels (PCM, Line-in, CD,
etc.)?

For me the icon has a red slash across it when the master volume is
muted and the number of waves varies depending on the master volume as
expected.

> rpm -qf /usr/libexec/mixer_applet2
gnome-applets-2.6.0-4

--