Re: cyrus-imap

On 05/08/2004 05:37:54 AM, Dan wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 14:20, Ken Snider wrote:
> Anyone have any information (anecdotal or otherwise) on the
performance of
> cyrus versus UW-IMAPd on really big mailboxes (more than 1 gig/30k
> messages)? Or is this exclusively a function of mailbox format?

I wondered this myself, as one of the main reasons i switched to
cyrus-imap was the woeful performance of uw-imap.

On UW-imap, mailboxes only 10meg in size took "a while" to open. Far
longer than they should. On Cyrus, there was no noticeable delay between clicking on the message, and the message loading in the preview pane.

Did you use mbx mailbox format with UW-IMAP? Did you try searching on the server side? -pawel