eth0 problems at boot time !!!

 i ve just installed(upgrate from fc1 )  fc2 test3 relleased  and i have the following problem .

My eth0 was configured  as  well , but  during initialization i received the following message

" Determinign IP information for ...eth0 ... failed  . No link presented , Check cable ?
thats all
and of course i can't connect to my lan and to the internet as you imagined ...
the worst is that i cant even  configure  my card  manualy  , i took the same  message ....
Please help.