Re: CD-ROM drive stopped working after upgrade

If I just have ide-scsi in grub.conf (i.e. kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.327 ro root=LABEL=/ ide-scsi rhgb nofb) or remove the entry completely (i.e. kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.327 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb nofb) I can read CD-ROMs and play audio CDs.

Is this a bug and if so what in? Surely the final release of FC2 will need to address this?

Thanks for the replies that enabled me to fix this.