x86_64: latetest kernel update 356 didn't modify grub.conf

Today I upgraded the kernel [AMD64] to 2.6.5-1.353 and later to 1.356.
Both upgrades didn't modify /etc/boot/grub.conf. I had to add the
corresponding lines manually. Did someone else had this issue or could
someone upgrade without that issue (and something may be broken here).

Just in case someone could update without a problem, please could he/she
post the kernel command line if it is different from version 327?

Thanks

Peter