Re: Example up2date `sources'

Harry Putnam wrote:
Colin Charles <linux bytebot net> writes:

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 01:26, Harry Putnam wrote:

Group, I've fallen way way behind the testing curve ...still on core1 test2.
My current /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources is way out of date.

You don't need one - up2date is smart enough to do selection nowadays

Do what selection?

up2date isn't all that smart here... Installing the latest up2date
and using its `souces' file results in:

[root] # up2date --list
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc2
There was a fatal error communicating with the server. The message was:

An HTTP error occurred:
Status Code: 404
Error Message: Not Found

Same problem here. I added a development link to get up2date to retrieve newer program versions. I just unchecked the new links for FC2 and FC2 updates.
I guess FC2 is not up yet, so you get 404 errors. Future links don't work, I guess.

Jim