Re: MySQL and Apache Updates

I believe that this is not the case. By "port" , I understand that it means making it work in another architecture. In this case , putting Mysql 4 in Fedora is not considered porting , as it will be used on a x86 distribution (and Mysql AB did the original x86 code).

I may be wrong though , as this legal stuff is not what I work with...

--
Pedro Macedo
--- Begin Message ---
On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 18:58, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:

> Check the archives on fedora-list for the full history.. License issues
> keep it away from Fedora..

Quoting from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Porting.html

"Note: If you create a new port of MySQL, you are free to copy and
distribute it under the GPL license, but it does not make you a
copyright holder of MySQL."

I had noted the earlier discussion however still do not understand that
If they specifically say that if you port the package, you "are free to
copy and distribute it" why we cannot then port it to FC?  All they ask
is that you let them know so they can add it to their port links,
according to that section...

--
Wayne S. Frazee

--- End Message ---