Re: Invalid context?

Tom Mitchell wrote:
On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 04:47:04PM -0400, Wayne Steenburg wrote:

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 23:16, Joshua Adam Ginsberg wrote:

Hello --

I must admit I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to SELinux, but every
time I try to install a package, I get about a hundred lines of
"/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts:  invalid context foo on line
number ###" with foo and ### different on each line. From reading the
archives, I gather I can boot with selinux=0 to avert the problem, but I
also gather that wouldn't be desirable. This is a brand, spankin' new
installation of FC2T3, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong or
are doing something wrong. Thanks!

The selinux=0 kernel option is not supported as of 2.6.5-1.349 . Setting SELINUX=disabled in /etc/sysconfig/selinux is the "new and
improved" way :)

How...

   # rpm -q --whatprovides /etc/sysconfig/selinux
   file /etc/sysconfig/selinux is not owned by any package

does this file get built I see no obvious clue running 2.6.5-1.356?

Glad to hear it's not just me. I have the same problem with kernel 2.6.5-1.351. Creating the file and adding SELINUX=disabled has no effect, at least with that kernel. I still get error messages when using rpm.

BTW, If you uninstall the "policy" rpm (the one that owns everything under /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts), you'll only get one error message saying that /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts doesn't exist. Definitely not a fix, as selinux is apparently still enabled, and I don't know what the side effects are, but at least you don't get swamped with error messages that way.

Can anyone explain how to get the "correct" version of /etc/sysconfig/selinux and/or how to configure it?