Re: Inclusion of mono

Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:

ons, 05.05.2004 kl. 22.37 skrev Paul:

Hi,

Given it is getting close to the 1.0 release, how about including mono
with FC2? Really would make it a knockout product then IMO.

TTFN

Paul

To me this is yet another example of how much we need fedora-extras. If
we could have this one place to get add-on packages for fedora we
wouldn't have these kind of trouble.

Well, if we could get a group together to work on that and set up a repository, I've plenty of space and bandwidth that the university I work for would let me use. We could set up an apt/yum repository and get some maintainers together to build solid rpms, get some other people to test them and have a real release cycle. I have a LUG on campus and those guys might be interested in doing just that. I also have some of my production software that I have written for beowulf systems that could be included as well.

It might also be worth a try to check the licensing for the Sun/IBM jre's and jdk's so they can be properly packaged, as well as the plethora of browser plugins so that installation of these plugins would be much easier.

Mono would be great to include as well as some of the GTK# and Mono apps that have been written. Unfortunately, with the exception of a few packages, most of those apps would have to be relegated to a development repository for now due to stability.

If anyone is interested in this, let me know.

Brian Smith